|It was all set...|
|And here we go....|
|And the climb....|
|By the time we were getting half way Monica our chief accountant and I (Angela) - barely 3 months after baby delivery needed to catch our breath...haha|
|After 2 hours of tough climbing, we finally got to the peak|
|After getting to the peak, there those who felt they had the strength to circumnavigate the mountain and others who felt their bodies had had enough..lol|
|And if you thought coming down the mountain was a simple task..think again!|
So what exactly do you need to take up climbing Mt. Longonot besides being physically and mentally fit ?
• Good pair of walking boots (broken-in)
• A Hat
• Walking stick. An adjustable sprung loaded stick is best
• Camera, sun cream, plus your sweater that will be removed during the climb
• All of this hike is over rough ground and has all the hazards of hiking up steep inclines
• Don't under estimate dehydration. Drink water at the end of each section, and as required.
• Rucksack. Large enough to carry 2 x ½ litter of water plus few sandwiches to eat at the top
• The ranger's advice on all matters including your rate of progress should always be listened to
•Animals. There are numerous animals in the area; the most commonly seen is the giraffe or dik-dik.
• The crater can be circumnavigated, this takes another 4 hours via a narrow path.
Do you think you and your friends and loved ones would be interested in taking up this challenge? If we did it...the you should definitely do it, a happy-go spirit is all you need!